Wednesday, December 14, 2005

let me out

Help!
Weight unbearable,
lungs unheaveable.

Awful smells suffocate, pinning me down to the third floor carpet.
Asian recipes, old oily fish, used diapers imprison me in this building like the unwashed smell of sweaty shoes.
Academic demands press down on my chest, colorless shadows suck up remaining heat inside―no escape.
Asthmatic panic seeps in beneath my front door, crawling over my motionless lips , chewing into my skin.

Help me Lord!

Close eyes,
pretend to fly,
huge wings rustle nearby,
stirs air across my face,
waving sweet scents into my burning lungs.
Dark shapes move away from eyelids still shut.
Warmth softly strokes exhausted arms and tangled hair, pale ochre rays stream into the room.

Looking up,
relief flows down.
Hope.

No comments: