Tuesday, February 10, 2009

angry tears

my mind’s eye dreams elegance
my mouth stumbles through adjectives:
columns weave together beams
careful design
details proportioned
textured scale
diffused shade
shapes beauty

your eyes drink in my solutions
your brain chokes my early flaws
supreme intelligence:
must eliminate my mistakes
must avoid chaos
disordering my ideas
distills into rigidity
one right answer must exist
not mine

I am process
flowing
you are facts
fixed

I am rough
becoming
you are accurate
obvious

I am stupid
while you feel insulted

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this poem a lot... Couldn't sleep due to SA crime paranoia (thought I heard something/one in our garden), stumbled around on facebook, saw that you were still publishing on zebra's bark, found the poem, weird? Definitely not...

How are you doing?